Stories of Faith & Courage from the War in Iraq & Afghanistan
Battlefields & Blessings
Battlefields & Blessings: Stories of Faith and Courage from the War in Iraq and Afghanistan is a 365-day collection of inspiring stories of courage, perseverance, and faith based on first-hand accounts of more than seventy men and women who have served or have closely been involved in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
In this book, by authors Jane Hampton Cook, Jocelyn Green and John Croushorn, you'll find the experiences and perspectives of deployed soldiers, chaplains, military wives and parents, organizers of humanitarian efforts, veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, loved ones of fallen soldiers, and more. You'll meet:
- the crew member on a Marine transport vessel combating a dust storm during the invasion of Iraq
- an officer overcoming bureaucratic challenges to build up the new Iraq Air Force
- a three-star general motivating his team to build a stronger Iraq through reconstruction projects
- the mother of a Navy SEAL who herself demonstrated tremendous courage under fire after her son's death
- and a congressman heralding the founding principles of our nation, ones he passed along to his son who served in Iraq.
Readers will come away appreciating those who have lived loudly for liberty.
- 466 pages
- 9" x 6.5" x 1.25"